MEMENTO MORI – THE MOVIE tells the stories of family affections: mother – child, husband – wife, brother – sister in modern-day Vietnam.
Three stories took place in 3 different locations in 3 regions: urban, mountainous, and coastal areas, yet connected by the common fate of near-death cancer patients. Although they differ in age, background and social status as well as their own circumstances, they all want to find the meaning of life.
MARCUS MANH CUONG VU
- Founder, chairman of YXINEFF (2010-2014)
- Initiated “Inspiration", connecting artists and independent art projects to send valuable messages to community
- Participated in (selected) projects: Thi Mai (2018) Directed by Patricia Ferreira (Spain) as assistant to director; The Way Station (Đảo của dân ngụ cư) (2017) directed by Hồng Ánh, role: pre-production producer, director’s assistant, casting director
- Freelance journalist, covering news at international film festivals: Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Tokyo… (2009-2019)
- Curator of Vietnamese short films for SEA's S-Express, participated in the film selection committee of SeaShorts 2019 (Malaysia), jury of Viddsee Film Festival 2017 (Philippines), curator of Vietnamese short films for Asia Film Symposium 2016 (Singapore) ...
VU HAI LINH
- Founder and CEO of Nha Buon Chuyen (A mult- media company)
- 10 years of experience in production with wide variety of target audience
- Producer of Memento Mori short play
- General Director of Memento Mori Social Enterprise
TRAN NGOC KHUYEN
- Cam op: 49 days (Nhat Chung)
- Director of Photography: Short Stories (Cao Trung Hieu), Comrades (short film)
- Director: Magical Night (short film)
NGUYEN DINH PHONG
- The Blind Knight (Luu Huynh)
- Father and son and ... (Phan Dang Di)
- The girl from yesterday (Phan Gia Nhat Linh)
- Island of residents (Hong Anh)
- Lawn grass (Phan Minh)
- Sassy Girl (Van Cong Vien)
- Composing and performing on New Austrian Sound of Music 2018-2019 (NASOM) by BMEIA in Contemporary Music
- Private tour in Iran, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Taiwan, sponsored by BKA Austria and BMEIA
- 2nd place at Franz Liszt Piano Competition (Hungary)
- The Mozart Prize (Jacque Samuel Piano Competition)
- Founder of the Miracle Choir & Orchestra
NGUYEN TIEN HUY
- A firsthand expert in branding strategy with strong experience in digital marketing and branding in Vietnam
- Founder and General Director of DigiPencil MVV, a multi-media consultancy company with big-sized local and international clients
- A presenter in many conferences in media, technology, and digital
- An investor in many start-up projects
PHAM MINH TOAN
- Having more than 15 years of experience in marketing and media solutions.
- CEO & Founder of Time Universal (2004), a media and digital consultancy company in Vietnam
- Having experience in working with key clients including Honda, Microsoft, Unicharm, Vingroup, Viettel, Sacombank, Techcombank…
- An expert in Vietnam movie industry
- An producer with experience in all stages throughout a full movie production: investment, sponsor, production, media, domestic & international distribution, events and promotions at cinemas
- Deputy director of Studio68, one of the leading film production in Vietnam (Tam Cam: The Untold story, Once Upon a Time, The Tailor, Furie, Song Lang, Fort Ti)
MAI THE HIEP
- He's been active in various roles overseas, such as actor, program editor, and stage director.
- He has played supporting roles in famous Vietnamese movies such as: Blood Letter, Yellow Flowers on the Green Grass, Scandal, Battle of the Brides 2, She's the Boss...
DANG HOANG GIANG, Ph.D.
- Expert in development, social activist and political author
- Deputy Director of the Center for Community Development Research & Support (CECODES), advocacy organization to improve the quality of national governance, focusing on transparency, equality, the voice of the people and the correlation of power in society
- Speaker, coordinator of cultural events to expand civil society space, spread knowledge and build a culture of debate in the community.
- Author of bestselling books, including "Life's Destination", the inspiration for the movie Memento Mori.
Assoc.Prof.PhD., Doctor NGUYEN DINH TUNG
- Deputy Director of Cancer Center, Hue International Hospital, President of Hue Breast Cancer Association.
- Professionally trained at prestigious medical universities and hospitals in America. Certified in Korean Academy of Plastic Surgery.
- Lecturer of Oncology at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Speaker, coordinating activities and events about Cancer in Hue.
Why Memento Mori The Movie?
- The topicality & humanistic significance of the project
- Cultivated attention of the society & community from 2018 – 2020
- For the first time, a form of community activity is done with a new, original & inspiring approach
- Building a humane, positive, and aesthetic brand image
- Creating added values for staff, customers, and business partners.
we need you!
Please subscribe to receive updates about the movie and Partnership benefits. We will get in touch as soon as possible.
MEMENTO MORI VIETNAM Social Enterprise
Vu Hai Linh (Mr.)
0912 358 532
Memento Mori – Remember, you must die lis a Latin phrase that has been used in Christianity for centuries. The phrase has also been mentioned in the book Life’s Destination (2018) by Dang Hoang Giang. This is a reminder that everybody will eventually face death; and so in understanding that, we – human beings – can maintain a positive outlook through the toughest times, and value life more.
Memento Mori – Community Art Project (Non-profit) took shape in April 2018, founded by the Author, Dang Hoang Giang and Director, Marcus Manh Cuong Vu. The project told compelling stories of Cancer patients through the universally touching language of arts, spreading the message of treasuring life more – for our time on Earth is incredibly limited.
to cancer patients & their beloved.
To recreate emotions
through the language of art to nurture the emotions of those who suffer.
To educate via experiences
to help the society be more aware of cancer, and of the Value of life.
2 years (4/2018-3/2020)
7 times reprinted
January 2019 - WeChoice Awards 2018
Nominations for Inspiring Character & Inspiring Ambassadors
December 2019 - Gala “Thank You Life" - VTV1
Live performance of “Ha & Nam” scenes with Thu Huyen (“Ha”) and Kenchi (“Nam”)
April 2019 - 2 Awards - “Golden Kite Prize 2019”
For the documentary “Remember you’re living” by Director Doan Hong Le about the life of actress Pham Thi Hue (“Lien”)